Last Updated: September 7, 2022
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information Collected. Personal information that we may collect about you includes:
- Contact details , such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, social media handle(s), and phone number.
- Account information , such as your log-in details, information that you store in your account, and other details about your use of the Offerings.
- Professional information , such as the name of the company you work for and its location, company description and job title, and company email and phone.
- Order history , such as information about products, solutions, and services you use or have used.
- Payment information , such as your debit or credit card details, financial account information, billing address, and order information.
- Communications , such as information associated with your requests or inquiries, including for support, assistance, or order information; interaction data that we exchange or observe through your use of our Offerings, community forums, social media; and any questions, feedback, or otherwise that you provide when you contact us.
- Contributions , such as your pull requests, issues opened, comments, and other commentary or content that you provide.
- Online activity information , such as the website you visited before browsing to our Website or Platform, pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Device information and other online identifiers , such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, wireless carrier, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, and general location information such as city, state, or geographic area.
- Preferences , such as any preferences you set in your account and any preferences for receiving communications about our Offerings, activities, events, and publications.
- Survey responses , such as the information you provide in response to our surveys and questionnaires.
Unless we specifically request it, we ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Offerings, or otherwise to us.
Sources of Personal Information. We obtain personal information from a variety of sources, including the following sources:
- Personal Information You Provide. Fermyon collects personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us, such as when you fill out a form on the Website, register for an account, or communicate with us.
- Cookies , which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Flash cookies , or locally-stored objects, which are used on websites for purposes similar to cookies but allow storage of a larger amount of data.
- Web beacons , also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
- Personal Information Obtained from Third Parties. Fermyon may receive personal information from third parties, such as our service providers, advertising partners, social media platforms, event sponsors, publicly available sources, or data providers. We may merge or combine such personal information with the personal information we collect from you directly or automatically.
- Referrals. Users of the Offerings may have the opportunity to refer colleagues or other contacts to us and share their contact information. Please do not provide us with someone’s contact information unless you have their permission to do so.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
To Provide the Offerings. We may use personal information to provide our Offerings. For example, we use personal information to:
- process your requests for selecting and purchasing products and services;
- establish, manage, monitor, and maintain your account on the Website or the Platform;
- improve and personalize your experience on or with the Offerings;
- verify your identity or determine your eligibility for offers and promotions;
- communicate with you, including responding to any of your requests, feedback, or questions;
- provide maintenance and support; and
- send you materials, updates, information, special offers, and promotional material from us, other users, and our business partners.
Research and Development. We use personal information for research and development purposes, including to study and improve the Offerings and our business, understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, and develop new features, functionality, products, and services. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified, or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes.
Direct Marketing. We may send you Fermyon-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the “YOUR CHOICES” section below.
To Comply with Laws and Regulations. We will use personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For Compliance, Fraud Prevention, and Safety. We may use personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Offerings and our products and services, business, databases, and other technology assets; (b) protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (c) audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies; (d) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Offerings; and (e) prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With Your Consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask you for your consent to collect, use, or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Related Companies. We may share your personal information with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and other related companies.
Professional Advisors. We may share personal information with persons, companies, or professional firms providing Fermyon with advice and consulting in accounting, administrative, legal, tax, financial, debt collection, and other matters.
Law Enforcement. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and other parties if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Compliance. We may disclose personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or for the purposes described above in the section titled “Compliance, Fraud Prevention, and Safety.”
Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf that are necessary for the orderly operation of our business. For example, we work with service providers that help us perform website hosting, maintenance services, database management, analytics, fraud protection, marketing, customer relationship management, finances, developer relations management, and other purposes.
Advertising Partners. We may also share personal information with third parties who we partner with for advertising campaigns or that collect information about your activity on the Offerings for the purposes described in the “Interest-Based Advertising” section above.
Business Transaction Participants. We may disclose personal information to third parties in connection with any business transaction (or potential transaction) involving a merger, acquisition, sale of shares or assets, financing, acquisition, consolidation, reorganization, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Fermyon is based in the United States, and we have service providers in the United States and potentially other countries. Your personal information may be collected, used, and stored in these countries or other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal information may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country. By providing your personal information, where applicable law permits, you specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein.
Users located in Europe can view more information about cross-border transfers in the section below titled “Notice to European Users.”
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
Promotional Emails. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or by contacting us as described below. You may still receive service-related communications, such as those about your account, to fulfill orders for offers you have requested, or deliver notifications directly to you through the Offerings.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Offerings and our Website or Platform may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Analytics. The Website and the Platform use Google Analytics to help us analyze how the Website and the Platform are being accessed and used. You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies by clicking here and about how Google protects your data by clicking here. To opt-out of Google Analytics, you can download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, available here.
Many of the opt-out preferences described in this section must be set on each device and/or browser for which you want them to apply. Please note that some of the advertising companies we work with may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms described above, so even after opting-out, you may still receive interest-based advertisements from other companies. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you.
Do Not Track. Some browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. The Offerings currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS (SHINE THE LIGHT LAW)
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with Fermyon are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit your request to the email address listed in the section titled “CONTACTING US” below with “Shine the Light” in the subject line.
NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
NOTICE TO EUROPEAN USERS
|Processing Purpose (as described above in the “Use of Personal Information” section)||Legal Basis|
|Processing is based on your consent where that consent is required by applicable law. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it any time in the manner indicated when you consented or via the relevant Offerings. Where such consent is not required by applicable law, we process your personal information for this purpose based on our legitimate interests in promoting our business and providing you with tailored, relevant content.|
|To Comply with Laws and Regulations||Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.|
|For Compliance, Fraud Prevention, and Safety||Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations or based on our legitimate interests in protecting our or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property.|
|With Your Consent||Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it any time in the manner indicated when you consent or via the relevant Offerings.|
Retention. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose of collection, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish and defend legal claims, for fraud prevention purposes, or as long as required to meet our legal obligations. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Your Rights. European data protection laws may give you certain rights regarding your personal information. You may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Port. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You may submit these requests by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. In the European Economic Area, you can find your data protection regulator here. In the United Kingdom, you can find your data protection regulator here.
Cross-Border Data Transfer. If we transfer your personal information to a country outside of Europe such that we are required to apply additional safeguards to your personal information under European data protection laws, we will do so. Please contact us at email@example.com for further information about any such transfers or the specific safeguards applied.
OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
The Offerings may contain links to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you use.
The Offerings are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information online, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children without verification of parental consent as required by law, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.