This page tracks WebAssembly standards along with useful resources for understanding those standards or getting involved.
WebAssembly Standard and W3 Working Group
WebAssembly is standardized by W3C, the same group that standardizes CSS, HTML, and HTTP.
- The W3’s official Wasm site
- Almost all of the working drafts of proposed standards are in the WebAssembly GitHub Org
- The W3 GitHub repo
- The W3 Community Page
WebAssembly System Interface (WASI)
- The WASI site is the main page
- The WASI repo
- The working group charter
- Most of the WASI proposed standards are in the WebAssembly GitHub
- The WASI libc library is the C library for core WASI
The Component Model
One very important WebAssembly specification is the Component Model.
WebAssembly Gateway Interface (Wagi)
DeisLabs (at Microsoft) proposed Wagi based on the CGI 1.1 specification.
- The architecture document is in the Wagi server repo
- The description of the environment variables
- Spin’s Wagi support