About Fermyon Technologies
Fermyon Technologies is a software company building the next wave of cloud computing based on WebAssembly. By producing top-quality open source software and related tooling, we are creating a new category of cloud computing that prioritizes high performance, robust security, and top-notch developer and operator experiences. And we believe that the best way to build such a technology is by building a positive culture based on our values.
Fermyon is committed to a culture of belonging, inclusivity, and respect. We believe that different perspectives – perspectives shaped by life experiences, education, talent, and interests – are essential for creating thriving teams. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education, opinions, political preferences, and overall beliefs. If you are the kind of person who takes this approach to people, including yourself and work hard to appreciate everyone’s differences then Fermyon is the place for you!
In 2015 we witnessed first-hand the rise of the container landscape. These days, we’re excited about a new ecosystem that we think is about to boom: WebAssembly on the cloud. The ecosystem is young, and Fermyon is poised to be the leading voice.
Fermyon operates an increasingly large number of services, and we have new ones on the horizon. From our website to documentation to fun little games, Fermyon has already built an online presence, and we’re eager to do more. We are looking for a DevOps engineer to join as a member of our operations team. As part of the team, you will be creating and managing the infrastructure for Fermyon’s services. And over time, you will be a critical leader in building out our devops and operations teams.
Below is an extensive list of responsibilities for our DevOps team. Based on your experience and interests, you can make an impact in one or more of the following areas:
- Create and manage the cloud infrastructure for Fermyon services
- Design infrastructure for new services
- Automate testing, deployment, and configuration for our web sites and services
- Troubleshoot and fix service issues
- Contribute to related (Fermyon and external) open source software
- Configure and collect metrics and analytics for understanding our infrastructure usage
Below is a list of preferred requirements. You do not have to satisfy all of them, and we would be delighted to hear from you if you have experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience with Git, GitHub, and GitHub Actions
- Experience operating a Software-as-a-Service offering
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with one or more of the popular public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with HashiCorp tools including Nomad, Vault, Consul, and Terraform
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary based on experience
- Stock options at an early-stage startup
- Great benefits, including healthcare (in the US) and other insurance
- Retirement (401k in the US)
- Unlimited vacation with a mandatory 2-week minimum per year
- Dedicated budget for setting up your office space
Fermyon Technologies is 100% remote, with a friendly work environment for US, EU, and Asia-Pacific time zones.
Inquiries and applications can be submitted via email: