Open-Source Program Manager
About Fermyon Technologies
Fermyon Technologies is a software company building the next wave of cloud computing based on WebAssembly. By producing top-quality open source software and related tooling, we are creating a new category of cloud computing that prioritizes high performance, robust security, and top-notch developer and operator experiences. And we believe that the best way to build such a technology is by building a positive culture based on our values.
Fermyon is committed to a culture of belonging, inclusivity, and respect. We believe that different perspectives – perspectives shaped by life experiences, education, talent, and interests – are essential for creating thriving teams. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, education, opinions, political preferences, and overall beliefs. If you are the kind of person who takes this approach to people, including yourself and work hard to appreciate everyone’s differences then Fermyon is the place for you!
Fermyon is seeking a full-time Open-Source Program Manager who is interested in helping a startup get off the ground and be successful with a multitude of open-source projects.
In 2015, our team stumbled into the world of containers and witnessed first-hand as it exploded in popularity. These days, we are excited about a new ecosystem that we think is about to boom: WebAssembly on the cloud. The ecosystem is early, and Fermyon is poised to be the leading voice.
The Open-Source Program Manager will be responsible for driving the processes for our open-source projects and working with the rest of the company in making these successful, as well as coordinating Fermyon’s efforts across foundations and alliances.
These are all the things we are thinking about. We’re looking for someone who can help us prioritize and do things the right way in the right time frame.
- Define, implement, and oversee processes to support our open-source projects
- Develop, plan, and execute initiatives to grow contributions to the open-source projects
- Ensure the communities around the projects are inclusive to all, and that members experience a positive relationship with Fermyon and within the community
- Participate in planning and coordinating Fermyon’s engagements in foundations and alliances
- Implement and improve tools to measure the success of the open-source projects
Personal Qualities We Appreciate
- Self-motivated, resourceful, logical thinker, organized and structured working style, articulate, with commitment to high quality service delivery and attention to detail, dependable, strong work ethic, positive attitude, inclusive approach, team player and customer oriented
- At least three years of experience in program or project management of open-source projects, ideally for cloud-native development topics
- Experience with growing the contributor base for open-source projects
- Experience working within technology foundations and alliances with external partners
- Experience in defining measures and objectives for open-source projects
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Agreement to embody the Fermyon values
- Fluent English speaker
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary based on experience
- Stock options at an early-stage startup
- Great benefits, including healthcare (in the US, Canada and elsewhere) and other insurance
- Retirement (mechanism varies by country…. e.g., in the US: 401k )
- Unlimited vacation with a mandatory 2-week minimum per year
- Dedicated budget for setting up your office space
Fermyon Technologies is 100% remote. While we can’t do business in every country, we have broad latitude.
Inquiries and applications can be submitted via email: